Terms and Conditions
Use your Own Judgment or Seek Professional Advice
The material on this website is presented for the purpose of providing information and encouraging public discussion.
While we use reasonable endeavours to monitor the quality and currency of the information that we post on this website, we do not guarantee and accept no legal liability whatsoever arising from, or in connection with, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of this material.
We recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to your use of this material or seek professional advice when appropriate.
Embedded Third Party Social Media Channels
This website includes material from embedded third party social media (“Social Media Channels”).
We accept no liability for any interference with or damage to your computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this website or its use. You are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this website is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage your computer system, software or data.
With the exception of material posted on embedded third party websites, we own or have rights to the intellectual property presented on this website.
This work is copyright. You may download, display, print and reproduce this material in unaltered form only (retaining this notice) for your personal, non-commercial use or use within your organisation.
Guidelines for linking to this website
You may provide links to this website, provided that the link is not done in a manner that might mislead or deceive any person.
If you intend to create a link, you must not:
- imply that we endorse your website or product
- alter any of our website contents
- change the presentation of our website (e.g. the material is presented in a frame and users are unable to determine the location of the original material)
- contravene government policy; or
- provide a link to this website from a website that is not in the public interest.
We may withdraw permission at any time.
Embedded Third Party Social Media Channels
This website includes embedded material from third party social media (“Social Media Channels”).
Social Media Channels include Facebook, Twitter and youTube.
You must not reproduce or use any material from Third Party Social Media Channels unless permitted to do so under the terms and conditions of the Third Party Social Media Channel from which the material came.
We intend for this website to encourage constructive public discussion on relevant topics.
This website includes embedded material from third party social media (“Social Media Channels”). Some of this material was posted by users of the Social Media Channels.
We prohibit posting of any material that:
- is abusive, harassing or threatening;
- is defamatory or libelous;
- is obscene or offensive;
- infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- advertises for commercial purposes;
- discriminates based on people’s race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age;
- is subject to legal proceedings or would disclose information that is subject to legal proceedings;
- is irrelevant to the subject matter of this website; or
- infringes another person’s privacy.
If, however, you become aware that such material is embedded into this website, then please contact us at email@example.com and the relevant Social Media Channel.
If you have any complaints regarding the content of this website, please contact us through the following contact channel:
Please ensure that you include sufficient information about the material subject to the complaint to enable us to identify it.
If your complaint is in relation to intellectual property infringement, please provide the following information to allow us to address the issue:
- a description (and where available a link to) the infringing material;
- a description of the material that is infringed; and
- your contact details.
You acknowledge that we will provide the suspected infringer with information that you provide relating to the infringement, but we will not provide the suspected infringer with your name or contact details unless you expressly authorise us to do so.
We will remove Prohibited Material at our discretion.
We make no commitment or promise to keep any material on this website,, including material posted by users through embedded third party social media channels.
The estimator is a basic guide to the possible cost of living impact and household assistance based on pre-determined household scenarios. The results from using this service are indicative. They are not a guarantee of actual cost of living impacts or household assistance. The scenarios used in this estimator are based on a number of assumptions that may or may not apply to your household situation. Your individual circumstances may vary from the scenario presented. This will alter the actual outcomes. The estimator does not take into account changes in your circumstances over time.
You should never rely on an estimate as a basis to enter obligations or incur expenses. If you use or apply an estimate, you are solely responsible for that use or application.
The Australian Government:
- disclaims, to the extent permitted by law any representations and warranties, express or implied, of any kind in respect of the estimator; and
- shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including loss or damage caused by human, technical or process error or malfunction, or negligence of any kind or loss or damage that is incidental or consequential) arising out of or in connection with any use of, or reliance on, the estimator.